1. Cash from sales of merchandise will be recorded in the
a. cash receipts journal.
b. sales journal.
c. purchases journal.
d. general journal.
2. Which one of the following columns in a cash receipts journal is notposted in total to an account in the general ledger?
a. Accounts Receivable column
b. Cash column
c. Sales Discounts column
d. Other Accounts column
3. A subsidiary ledger frees the general ledger from details of
a. individual balances.
b. internal transactions.
c. The control account
d. External account
4. Postings are made daily to the
a. Accounts Receivable control account.
b. Accounts Payable control account.
c. Control accounts in the general ledger.
d. Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledger.
5. Adjusting entries are recorded
a. in the general journal.
b. in the special journals.
c. only on the worksheet.
d. only in the general ledge
6. The reference column of the accounts in the accounts payable subsidiary ledger after posting may show
a. G, P, or S references.
b. only CP references.
c. only P references.
d. CP, P, or G references.
7. Richmond’s Wholesale uses a sales journal. An entry in this journal represents a
a. debit to Sales Discounts; credit to Cash.
b. debit to Accounts Receivable; credit to Sales Revenue.
c. debit to Accounts Payable; credit to Sales Returns and Allowances.
d. debit to Cash; credit to Sales Revenue.
8. Entries in a sales journal
a. are made from sales invoices.
b. will indicate the invoice number in the reference column of the sales journal.
c. will occupy two lines of the sales journal.
d. indicate either a cash debit or accounts receivable debit.
9. Principles of an efficient and effective accounting information system include all of the following except
a. cost effectiveness.
b. useful output.
d. all of these answer choices are principles.
10. A student should recognize a need to study manual accounting systems because
a. all small companies only use manual accounting systems.
b. the structure of electronic systems differs greatly from manual systems.
c. the software and hardware of electronic systems vary greatly, which makes manual procedures more practical to study.
d. companies that use manual systems hire more accountants
11. Internal control is defined, in part, as a plan that safeguards
b. capital stock.
c. all balance sheet accounts.
12. Using prenumbered checks and having an approved invoice for each check is an example of
a. establishment of responsibility.
b. segregation of duties.
c. documentation procedures.
d. independent internal verification.
13. Companies that are subject to, but fail to comply with, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977
a. may do so legally by obtaining an exemption.
b. may be forced to sell their foreign subsidiaries.
c. will be automatically dissolved.
d. may be subject to fines and officer imprisonment.
14. The principles of internal control include all of the following except
a. establishment of responsibility.
b. combining of duties.
c. physical, mechanical, and electronic controls.
d. independent internal verification.
15. When opening a bank checking account, a signature card
a. is required only when dealing with an out-of-state bank.
b. indicates to whom money is to be paid.
c. is attached to all pre-printed checks.
d. indicates each person authorized to sign checks on the account.
16. Trudy, Inc. had the following bank reconciliation at March 31, 2014:
Balance per bank statement, 3/31/14 $37,200 Please show solution
Add: Deposit in transit
Less: Outstanding checks
Balance per books, 3/31/14
Data per bank for the month of April 2014 follow:
All reconciling items at March 31, 2014 cleared the bank in April. Outstanding checks at April 30, 2014 totaled $6,000. There were no deposits in transit at April 30, 2014. What is the cash balance per books at April 30, 2014?
17. Hoppmann Company wrote checks totaling $25,620 during October and $27,975 during November. $24,360 of these checks cleared the bank in October, and $27,330 cleared the bank in November. What was the amount of outstanding checks on November 30? Please show solution
18. Carothers Company assembled the following information in completing its March bank reconciliation: balance per bank $7,640; outstanding checks $1,550; deposits in transit $2,500; NSF check $160; bank service charge $50; cash balance per books $8,800. As a result of this reconciliation, Carothers will
a. reduce its cash account by $210.
b. reduce its cash account by $950.
c. increase its cash account by $110.
d. reduce its cash account by $50.
19. In the month of November, Kinsey Company Inc. wrote checks in the amount of $18,500. In December, checks in the amount of $25,316 were written. In November, $16,936 of these checks were presented to the bank for payment, and $21,766 were presented in December. What is the amount of outstanding checks at the end of November?
20. If the month-end bank statement shows a balance of $72,000, outstanding checks are $54,000, a deposit of $15,000 was in transit at month end, and a check for $3,000 was erroneously charged by the bank against the account, the correct balance in the bank account at month end is
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.