Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.
1. If you measure 20 feet between an existing box and a new box location, you should cut a piece of cable with a length of approximately
A. 20 to 21 ft.
B. 25 to 26 ft.
C. 40 to 42 ft.
D. 48 to 55 ft.
2. When a device is removed from an outlet box, the _______ wire must be connected in such a way that maintains continuity.
D. grounded neutral
3. To correctly saw a lath and plaster wall, point the teeth of the saw
A. away from you and cut on the pushing stroke.
B. away from you and cut on the pulling stroke.
C. toward you and cut on the pushing stroke.
D. toward you and cut on the pulling stroke.
4. The labor performed when you extend an existing electrical system is called
A. old work.
B. repair work.
5. The basement in an existing building has concrete walls, a concrete floor, and a concrete ceiling. From this information, you know that receptacles, lamp fixtures, and switches
A. can’t be installed in this basement as there is no way to ground the circuit.
B. won’t require ground-circuit protection because concrete insulates the occupants from ground.
C. can be installed in the basement and circuit wiring enclosed in a surface raceway system.
D. can only be installed if they’re connected with armored cable.
6. Which of the following tests must be performed on a
A. Power test
B. Continuity test
C. Voltage test
D. Current test
7. Each outside receptacle must be protected by
A. a GFCI.
B. its own ground rod.
C. a single- or double-pole switch.
D. its own circuit.
8. A circuit consists of five unequal loads connected in parallel. To measure the resistance through one specific load, you must
A. remove power from the circuit and measure the load’s resistance in its installed location.
B. apply power to the circuit, disconnect the load from the circuit, and measure the load’s resistance.
C. apply power to the circuit, measure the overall circuit resistance, and divide this value by five.
D. remove power from the circuit, disconnect the load from the circuit, and measure the load’s resistance.
9. When new work is being performed, an outlet box must have a minimum depth of
A. 1 in.
B. 11/2 in.
C. 2 in.
D. 21/2 in.
10. When new outlets are being added to the first floor of a two-story house with an unfinished basement, the easiest route for running cable is usually
A. behind the wall.
B. behind the baseboard.
C. by way of the second floor.
D. by way of the basement.
11. When an aluminum conductor is installed on a screw terminal, the screw should be tightened to a torque of
A. 8 lb-in.
B. 12 lb-in.
C. 15 lb-in.
D. 20 lb-in.
12. A fixed electric space heater that draws a maximum current of _______ must be supplied by a cable with an ampacity of
A. 15 A
B. 24 A
C. 27 A
D. 30 A
13. If a fixed appliance has an automatically started motor and is supplied by an individual branch circuit, the protection recommended is equal to or less than
A. twice the appliance rated current.
B. 125 percent of the appliance rated current.
C. the appliance rated current.
D. the full service current.
14. Which of the following is a true statement about the planning stages of adding a receptacle to an existing electrical system?
A. You must ensure that the existing circuit breaker will have enough capacity to handle the expected load to be applied at the new receptacle.
B. It’s not acceptable to bring power from an existing box containing a light switch.
C. Only nongrounding-type receptacles can be added to an existing system.
D. It isn’t necessary to identify joist or stud locations prior to adding a new receptacle.
15. When installing cable behind a wall, it’s recommended to run the cable behind the baseboard rather than through the studs when the
A. fish tape can’t be utilized.
B. wall is plasterboard.
C. wall studs are less than 16 inches apart.
D. wall is plaster or lath.
16. A device box with supports is the best choice when installing a
A. device box mounted in an existing drywall-covered wall.
B. device box in a lath ceiling.
C. device box that’s to be attached to a bar hanger.
D. shallow device box in either new or existing walls.
17. A transformer that’s used with a doorbell has a fixed output of
A. 1 V.
B. 10 V.
C. 60 V.
D. 120 V.
18. A suitable disconnecting means for a fixed appliance is a
A. pigtail cord.
B. light switch that interrupts the hot wire.
C. circuit breaker.
D. two-pole switch that interrupts the common wire.
19. The most efficient way to troubleshoot a defective electrical circuit is to start by
A. replacing the components that you believe are faulty.
B. having the power company evaluate the entire system’s operating efficiency.
C. breaking down a multiple-circuit system into isolated circuits to be evaluated one at a time.
D. bypassing the system’s main disconnect to ensure continuous power.
20. After routing cable from an existing device box through a wall and pulling the cable into a new box, your next step is to
A. replace the existing receptacle with a higher-capacity device.
B. apply power to the circuit.
C. strip and connect the wires to the existing receptacle.
D. tighten the internal cable clamps in the new box.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.