GENV 205 week 5 chapter 9 quiz
Week 5 Chapter 9 Quiz
1) Freshwater accounts for ____ percent of total water in the world.
2) The water table is
anywhere water is visible on the surface.
where streams and lakes intersect.
the uppermost level at which water fully saturates rock or soil.
synonymous with groundwater.
where water under pressure rises.
3) Places where water from aquifers naturally percolates up to the ground surface are known as
cones of depression.
4) Saltwater intrusion into freshwater aquifers may be a problem in
the midwestern United States.
areas with many freshwater lakes.
5) The purpose of aqueducts is
to protect river channels.
to store water.
to move water from one place to another.
to create wells.
obsolete because they were created by the Romans.
6) Half of the amount of desalinated water is produced in ____.
the Middle East.
7) Of the world’s freshwater, roughly ____ percent is used for agriculture, ____ percent is used for industry, and ____ percent is for household use.
10; 20; 70
70; 20; 10
70; 10; 20
40; 20; 40
33; 33; 31
8) Overall, the greatest percentage of household water use in the United States is for
outdoor vegetable gardens.
9) Nearly ____ percent of the world’s population lacks access to safe drinking water.
10) A method that has been implemented to reduce water use in dry climates such as Nevada is to
prohibit people from planting grass on their lawns.
pay people to plant native vegetation instead of grass on their lawns.
prohibit use of washing machines during the day, when energy use is at a peak.
prohibit garden stores from selling vegetation that doesn’t naturally grow in dry climates.
require watering lawns at night to reduce water loss from evaporation.
11) Tests on water can be used to indicate the likelihood of human wastewater contamination by testing for indicator species such as
fecal coliform bacteria.
Vibrio Cholerae bacteria.
Salmonella Typhi bacteria.
12) The most prevalent way to treat human waste in rural areas where a large amount of land is available is
stormwater drainage systems.
13) Primary treatment in a sewage treatment plant is designed to
remove pathogens from wastewater.
remove solids from wastewater.
create sludge for use as fertilizer.
move water from municipalities to the plant.
14) A low pH in water bodies can result from all of the following EXCEPT
passing water through limestone treatment facilities.
flooded, abandoned underground mines.
15) Concerns over the wide use of synthetic pesticides include all of the following unintended effects EXCEPT
the pesticide may be lethal to non-target species as well as target species.
pesticide use leads to an altered species composition of the community.
the chemistry of the inert ingredients.
physiological side effects on pest and non-pest species.
acidification of nearby streams.
16) Methods used to remove spilled oil from the surface of the ocean include
I. containment booms and oil vacuums.
II. chemical dispersants.
III. large screens.
I and II only
I and III only
I, II, and III
17) The Clean Water Act
I. protects surface waters.
II. protects groundwater.
III. protects the diversity of aquatic species.
I and II only
I and III only
I, II, and III
18) The United States legislation that empowers the EPA to establish maximum contaminant levels in drinking water is the
Clean Water Act.
Clean Air Act.
Safe Drinking Water Act.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.