1. Which of the following would result in an increase in cash flow and a source of cash?
A. A decrease in accounts payable
B. A decrease in long-term debt
C. A decrease in inventory
D. An increase in accounts receivable
2. The DuPont identity breaks down return on equity (ROE) into three parts, which are
A. overall efficiency (as measured by profit margin), asset-use efficiency (as measured by current asset turnover), and financial leverage (as measured by long-term debt ratio).
B. operating efficiency (as measured by inventory turnover), asset use efficiency (as measured by total asset turnover), and short-term solvency (as measured by the current ratio).
C. operating efficiency (as measured by profit margin), asset use efficiency (as measured by total asset turnover), and financial leverage (as measured by the equity multiplier).
D. operating efficiency (as measured by inventory turnover), customer reach (as measured by total customers served), and short-term solvency (as measured by the current ratio).
3. What’s the most likely reason a firm would decide to go public?
A. To increase the total liability of the firm
B. To increase the value of the firm
C. As an inexpensive way to raise new capital
D. As an exit strategy for venture capital investors
4. In corporate finance, the term dilution is used to
A. determine when cash flows can be distributed to shareholders as dividends.
B. determine when and how to go public.
C. discuss the effects of liquidity, solvency, and bankruptcy.
D. determine the loss in existing shareholder value.
5. RJ’s has a fixed asset turnover rate of 1.26 and a total asset turnover rate of .97. Sam’s has a fixed asset turnover rate of 1.31 and a total asset turnover rate of .94. Both companies have similar operations. Based on this information, RJ’s must be
A. using its total assets more efficiently than Sam’s.
B. using its fixed assets more efficiently than Sam’s.
C. generating $1 in sales for every $1.26 in net fixed assets.
D. generating $1.26 in net income for every $1 in net fixed assets.
6. A.K. Stevenson wants to raise $10.2 million through a rights offering. The subscription price is set at $16 a share. Currently, the company has 1.7 million shares outstanding with a current market price of $25 a share. Shareholders will receive one right for each share of stock they currently own. How many rights will be needed to purchase one new share of stock in this offering?
A. 2.40 rights
B. 2.75 rights
C. 2.82 rights
D. 2.67 rights
7. A firm generated net income of $911. The depreciation expense was $47, and dividends were paid in the amount of $25. Accounts payables increased by $15, accounts receivables increased by $28, inventory decreased by $14, and net fixed assets decreased by $8. There was no interest expense. What was the net cash flow from operating activity?
8. The PE ratio falls within which of the following classifications of financial ratios?
A. Market value measures
B. Asset management or turnover measures
C. Profitability measures
D. Short-term solvency ratios
9. Bonner Automotive has shareholders’s equity of $218,700. The firm owes a total of $141,000, of which 40 percent is payable within the next year. The firm has net fixed assets of $209,800. What’s the amount of the net working capital?
10. Shareholders’s equity can best be described as
A. decreasing whenever new shares of stock are issued.
B. representing the residual value of a firm.
C. including patents, preferred stock, and common stock.
D. a firm’s financial leverage.
11. A firm has total debt of $4,850 and a debt-equity ratio of .57. What’s the value of the total assets?
12. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) would equal operating cash flow (OCF) if
A. there was no depreciation, no amortization, and no other noncash expenses.
B. cash flow from assets equaled cash flow from creditors plus cash flow to stockholders.
C. any factors applied; EBIT is always equal to operating cash flows.
D. depreciation was equal to taxes, and if there was no amortization.
13. A firm has an interval measure of 48. This means that the firm has sufficient liquid assets to
A. cover its operating costs for the next 48 days.
B. pay all of its debts that are due within the next 48 hours.
C. cover its operating costs for the next 48 hours.
D. pay all of its debts that are due within the next 48 days.
14. What type of financial statement starts by taking the cash balance of a firm at the beginning of the year, and reconciles any changes in account balances?
A. Balance sheet
B. Income statement
C. Statement of cash flows
D. Statement of owners’s equity
15. Which term relates to the cash flow that results from a firm’s ongoing, normal business activities?
A. Net working capital
B. Cash flow from assets
C. Capital spending
D. Operating cash flow
16. What’s the best description of a prospectus?
A. A report stating that the SEC recommends a new security to investors
B. A document that describes the details of a proposed security offering along with relevant information aboutthe issuer
C. An advertisement in a financial newspaper that describes a security offering
D. A letter issued by the SEC that outlines the changes required for a registration statement to be approved
17. A firm has total assets of $310,100 and net fixed assets of $168,500. The average daily operating costs are $2,980. What’s the value of the interval measure?
A. 31.47 days
B. 47.52 days
C. 68.05 days
D. 56.22 days
18. Business Aid is funded by a group of wealthy investors for the sole purpose of providing funding for individuals and small firms that are trying to convert their new ideas into viable products. This type of funding is called
A. green shoe funding.
B. red herring funding.
C. venture capital.
D. life-cycle capital.
19. If a firm has a notes payable balance of $42,400 at the end of 2014, and $30,100 at the end of 2015, which of the following statements about accounts payable is correct?
A. Notes payable increased by $12,300 and represented a use of cash.
B. Notes payable decreased by $12,300 and represented a use of cash.
C. Notes payable decreased by $12,300 and represented a source of cash.
D. Notes payable increased by $12,300 and represented a source of cash.
20. What’s the definition of a syndicate?
A. A group of underwriters sharing the risk of selling a new issue of securities
B. A block of investors who control a firm
C. A bank that loans funds to finance the start-up of a new firm
D. A group of attorneys providing services for an IPO
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.