Start the Virtual Lab and maximize the screen if you wish. Answer the following questions
1. Where are antibodies found?
2. How can they be used in the laboratory?
3. What does ELISA stand for?
4. What are ELISA assays used for in labs?
5. What are the three important limitations of an ELISA? Explain each.
1. What test can be used to determine whether a patient has an infectious or autoimmune disease?
2. What does a positive result indicate?
3. The watery fluid of the blood is called ____________________.
4. What is allowed to react with the target antigen?
5. Detection is possible when _________________________________________________.
6. Once isolated, the secondary antibody can be ____________________________________
7. What is the signaling system?
8. What happens when the appropriate chemical (substrate) is added?
9. How is the test quantified?
10. What does the amount of color reflect?
Proceed through the entire lab simulation protocol. Be sure to read the captions below the pictures (left side) and the information in the lab notebook (right side). Be sure to “start over” to begin the lab. You CANNOT skip any steps. Answer the following questions as you proceed.
1. What is systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?
2. From Figure 1 (click on it), what are the four steps of an ELISA protocol?
3. In step 1, you centrifuge the samples. What does a centrifuge do?
4. What are you preparing in step 2? Why are there three different solutions?
5. In steps 3 and 4, you prepare an ELISA plate. What has the ELISA plate been pretreated with? Why?
a. What is the positive control? (Step 4)
b. What is a primary antibody? Please define.
c. What is the negative control? (Step 4)
d. Why is it necessary to have a positive and a negative control? (Step 4)
6. Why incubate the plate in step 5?
7. Next, in step 6, the plate is washed. Why wash the plate?
8. In step 7, a secondary antibody is added. What is a secondary antibody? Please define.
a. What is the attached enzyme in this assay? (Step 7)
b. What is the specific substrate for HRP? What color does it produce? (Step 7)
9. How can the yellow color be quantitatively measured? At what wavelength? (Step 10, in “why”)
10. Record your results. Indicate on this page and on the computer which boxes turned color.
11. Did you complete the ELISA correctly? (Yes/No) __________
If yes, proceed to #12 and #14.
If no, proceed to #13 and #14.
12. What do the results indicate about:
13. Explain what you did wrong and what you will need to do next time. For more information, check your printable summary page. Did your incorrect procedure provide you any results? Explain what went wrong.
14. This virtual lab was testing for lupus. How is this same test used to test for the presence of HIV? If the results for an HIV test were the same as in this exercise, what would they indicate about the three patients?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.