1. One of the accounting concepts upon which adjustments for prepayments and accruals are based is:
2. In a service-type business, revenue is considered earned:
at the end of the month.
at the end of the year.
when the service is performed.
when cash is received.
3. On April 1, 2010, M Corporation paid $48,000 cash for equipment that will be used in business operations. The equipment will be used for four years and will have no residual value. M records depreciation expense of $9,000 for the calendar year ending December 31, 2010. Which accounting principle has been violated?
Revenue recognition principle
No principle has been violated because M has correctly matched the expense for using the equipment to the period during which it generated revenue.
Matching principle because the cash was paid in 2007 and should be expensed in 2007.
4. The following is selected information from M Corporation for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2010:
Cash received from customers $300,000
Revenue earned 350,000
Cash paid for expenses 170,000
Expenses incurred 200,000
Based on the accrual basis of accounting, what is M Corporation’s net income for the year ending October 31, 2010?
5. Adjusting entries are made to ensure that:
expense are recognized in the period in which they are incurred.
revenues are recorded in the period in which they are earned.
balance sheet and income statement accounts have correct balances at the end of an accounting period.
All of the above
6. Detailed records of movements in merchandise (each purchase and sale) are not maintained in the inventory account in a:
perpetual inventory system.
periodic inventory system.
double entry accounting system.
business that sells expensive merchandise.
7. Hunter Company purchased merchandise inventory with an invoice price of $12,000 and credit terms of 2/10, n/30. What is the net cost of the goods if Hunter Company pays within the discount period?
8. Lindy’s Market recorded the following events involving a recent purchase of merchandise:
Received goods for $80,000, terms 2/10, n/30.
Returned $2,000 of the shipment for credit.
Paid $500 freight on the shipment.
Paid the invoice within the discount period.
As a result of these events, the company’s merchandise inventory:
increased by $76,440.
increased by $78,000.
increased by $76,940.
increased by $76,840.
9. The Freight-in account:
increases the cost of merchandise purchased.
is contra to the Purchases account.
is a permanent account.
has a normal credit balance.
10. Which statement is false?
Taking a physical inventory involves actually counting, weighing, or measuring each kind of inventory on hand.
No matter whether a periodic or perpetual inventory system is used, all companies need to determine inventory quantities at the end of each accounting period.
An inventory count is generally more accurate when goods are not being sold or received during the counting.
Companies that use a perpetual inventory system must take a physical inventory to determine inventory on hand on the balance sheet date and to determine cost of goods sold for the accounting period.
11. Of the following companies, which one would not likely employ the specific identification method for inventory costing?
Music store specializing in piano sales
Custom Jewelry store
12. Which of the following statements is true regarding inventory cost flow assumptions?
A company may use more than one cost-flow assumption concurrently for different product lines.
A company must comply with the method specified by industry standards.
A company must use the same method for domestic and foreign operations.
A company may never change its inventory costing method once it has chosen a method.
13. In a period of declining prices, which of the following inventory methods generally results in the lowest balance sheet figure for inventory?
Average cost method
Need more information to answer
14. The figure for which of the following items is determined at a different time under the perpetual inventory method than under the periodic method?
Cost of Goods Sold
15. Two categories of expenses in merchandising companies are:
cost of goods sold and financing expenses.
operating expenses and financing expenses.
cost of goods sold and operating expenses.
sales and cost of goods sold.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.