ASCM 632 Final Examination
You a partner at a major consulting firm that has won a competitive bid to provide Logistics consulting services to a large, world-class maker of cellular phones, tablets, and laptops. This client is the market leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing, of their tablet products. However, technological advancements and competitive pressure in the tablet market have combined to compel the client to continue to innovate, and to do so quickly, to ensure that they are not left behind. A major concern is that the client has stockpiled an enormous quantity of tablets that are no longer in demand.
Sales are now lower than expected, and client senior management has decided to to switch their product to state-of-the-art hardware and digital technology and equally importantly, to move to a JIT manufacturing model until the client is certain that the new tablet will be competitive and can enter the worldwide market. In your Logistics consulting role for the company, you are required to:
1) Recommend a way to reduce inventory. Our class readings share several ways that inventory can be reduced. Choose the best one and explain why this would be cost effective and beneficial for the company.
2) Explain the advantage and disadvantages to switching to a JIT system, and why this would or would not be the best system for this company and its products at this time. What are other considerations that might adversely influence the decision to transition to a JIT system?
3) Given that the JIT system is chosen, in what way will the supplier relationships change or improve? How should the company now work with their suppliers?
4) [Safety stock is held as a buffer to protect against shortages that may arise owing to uncertainties in demand, lead time, and supply. Improving forecast accuracy to reduce uncertainties in demand, reducing replenishment lead time, and working with more reliable suppliers are some of the approaches to reduce safety stock levels.] What risks would the company run up against if no safety stocks are present and how can they compensate for these risks if they choose the JIT system?
5) Distinguish between recycling, remanufacturing and refurbishing. Give an example of how this company may use each, and which (any, all, or none) of these would be effective with the tablet product.
Respond in detail to the questions and make recommendations in a 5-8 page summary. Cite sources and provide a reference page as appropriate.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more