TASK – 02
The Department of Spatial Information (DSI) is a State Government department. The major function of DSI is to provide accurate and timely spatial information to other Government departments, but also to make some of this spatial information available to the public. In order to provide both the government and public services, DSI has developed a number of web services that deliver this information through a number of internally developed services and applications. This suite of web services and applications is referred to as the DSI Online
Spatial Delivery System (OSDS).
The OSDS is considered essential by DSI and their users, so these services must be:
• Readily available and accessible at all times,
• Capable of handling heavy loads in times of peak demand,
• Capable of serving downloads to users as required,
• Secure from attacks,
• Capable of providing detailed reports on usage.
DSI have a number of new projects being developed that are expected to increase the demand for its spatial data dramatically. The Executive Management of DSI have looked at a number of proposals to support these new programs. The two alternatives they are investigating are:
1. Increasing the internal DSI Data Centre capacity to host and support the new projects in the OSDS. This would probably need a 50% increase in web infrastructure and support services within the Department. This would necessitate an increase in data centre infrastructure, server numbers as well as a major increase in the bandwidth available to DSI.
2. Migrating the OSDS to a Cloud provider. This would allow DSI to continue to develop and refine the data in its internal Maintenance systems and then move a copy of the completed data to the cloud-based Delivery system for publication.
DSI Management would like to adopt Proposal 2, in order to meet their budget restrictions, but have asked you to prepare a report for the DSI Board that looks at the following aspects of the proposal:
1. The possible delivery and deployment models that DSI should adopt for a cloud-based OSDS. This should include:
a. The advantages and disadvantages of using either an IaaS or PaaS approach for the OSDS, (20 marks) and
b. The possible architecture(s) that could be used to deploy the OSDS (20
2. Should the Board consider the use of a Cloud Edge solution for the OSDS? What advantages and disadvantages would the Edge give to the OSDS? (20 marks)
3. The OSDS software architecture uses a monolithic approach to design, while a move to use the Edge will require many applications and web services to be redesigned as micro services.
a. Explain the differences between monolithic and micro service architectures to the DSI Board using an example (20 marks).
b. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of these two styles of software architecture (20 marks)
4. Your recommended approach for delivery and deployment of the OSDS, including the reasoning for your recommendation (20 marks).
Your report should not exceed 10 pages, excluding references.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to compare and evaluate the ability of different cloud computing architectures to meet a set of given business requirements.
• be able to evaluate a set of business requirements to determine suitability for a cloud computing delivery model.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more