Length: 3–4-page essay (750–1200 words) per question; total 9–12 pages for the assignment
Provide detailed answers to each of the three questions below. Include about five sources as references.
1. Donald Marshall, Jr., spent 11 years in jail for a crime he did not commit. Describe the points in Marshall’s case at which the criminal justice system failed him. What evidence of racism does this case provide? What can be done to overcome systemic racism in the criminal justice system?
2. Examine the traditional roles of men and women in Aboriginal communities, and discuss the position of Aboriginal women before European contact. Describe the impact of European settlement on Aboriginal women, and on their position within their communities. How has this history affected contacts between Aboriginal women and the criminal justice system? What can be done to address the situation?
3. The impact of the residential school system has affected many generations of Aboriginal people. Explain the origins of the system, and examine its effects on Aboriginal children, parents and communities. Is it fair to say that the residential school system has contributed to Aboriginal peoples’ over-representation in the criminal justice system? Explain.
• Double-space and use normal margins; each page should be 250–300 words long.
• Use Times New Roman or Ariel 12-point font.
• Indent the first line of each paragraph.
• Number the pages.
• Use APA style to cite sources and list references.
• References to be used:
• Hamilton, A.C., & Sinclair, C.M. (1999). Aboriginal women [Chapter 13]. In Report of the Aboriginal Justice Inquiry of Manitoba. Volume 1: The justice system and Aboriginal people (pp. 475–509). Winnipeg MB: Government of Manitoba.
McGillivray, A., & Comaskey, B. (2000). “Everybody had black eyes”: Intimate violence, Aboriginals and the justice system [Chapter 3]. In Proulx, J., & Perrault, S. (Eds.), No place for violence: Canadian aboriginal alternatives(pp. 39–59). Halifax NS: Fernwood Publising and RESOLVE (Research and Education for Solutions to Violence and Abuse).
Monture-Angus, P. (2000). The roles and responsibilities of Aboriginal women: Reclaiming justice [Chapter 11]. In Neugebauer, R. (Ed). Criminal injustice: Racism in the criminal justice system (pp. 231–274).
Turpel, M.E. (Aki–Kwe) (2000). Further travails of Canada’s human rights record: The Marshall case [Chapter 14]. In Neugebauer, R. (Ed). Criminal injustice: Racism in the criminal justice system (pp. 319–340).
Goulding, W. (2001). Did anybody notice? In Just another Indian: A serial killer and Canada’s indifference (pp. 209–219). Calgary AB: Fifth House.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more