Brauer, R. L. (2016). Safety and health for engineers (3rd ed.). Wiley.
We will explore the principles of hazard control and materials handling.
The main topics include sources of hazards, hazard control, control priorities, environmental hazards, job hazard analysis (JHA), manual materials handling, and NIOSH lifting equation.
You have been asked to conduct an ergonomic job hazard analysis (JHA) in a manufacturing facility that manufactures metal parts for an automotive company. One area of concern is the manual materials handling (MMH) throughout the facility.
Specifically, you have been tasked with conducting a JHA on the palletizing of shipping boxes once they are assembled.
Given the following worksheet (see the link below to download the worksheet), calculate (1) the recommended weight limit (RWL) and
(2) the lifting index using the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) lifting equation. Using the data and results, provide your written recommendations for corrective action against strenuous lifting tasks performed by employees in order to reduce risks and prevent injuries.
You should search the internet for possible solutions, if applicable.
Click here to download the JHA worksheet.
Respond to the details in each section, and format your report in APA style. Include at least each of the components below in your project.
1. Briefly describe why the studies were performed (why you started the study), and explain how this job hazard analysis can improve the overall safety and health management program.
2. In the introduction, compare the different techniques for performing a JHA and why the method chosen was appropriate for this scenario.
3. Report detail: Briefly discuss the details of the scenario (what you found from the study).
4. Conclusions/Recommendations: Briefly describe your recommendations based on your findings (what you recommend to resolve any deficiencies).
5. Appendix: This will have your measurements and calculations (show your work). Include the JHA worksheet in this section.
The report should be at least three pages (double-spaced) in length (not counting the references page and appendices).
Prepare the report in a word-processing application, such as Microsoft Word, using APA Edition (7th) formatting.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more