A. Part I: Adding up your energy usage
1. There is a link accompanying this lab in online campus. Go to the online campus page for the course and download a copy of the excel workbook, labeled PSCI 1030 Online – Lab 4 – Electrical Power & Energy Spreadsheet.
2. Fill in your name on the indicated spot on the sheet
3. Your goal is to estimate your monthly electrical energy usage and your monthly cost spent on electricity.
4. To lookup the power rating of a typical device (like a television, or desktop computer, or washing machine), you can go: https://energy.gov/energysaver/estimating-applianceand-home-electronic-energy-use
5. Fill in the device power rating and how long you use it every day for your device (Do you keep the computer on all day? Only run the washing machine for a half hour?)
6. Report Steps #4 and #5 for 20 devices (although if you are careful and include water heaters, lightbulbs, fans, refrigerator, microwave, chargers, etc… you will probably have more than 20 different types of electrical devices).
7. The total cost is estimated on the spreadsheet using the average power cost for Tennessee. If you know your power cost from your supplier (or want to look it up on your power company’s website) you can use that instead.
8. Print off your excel sheet to a PDF and upload to the assignment box in online campus.
B. Part II: Reading your electricity meter and estimating your bill
1. Your goal is to estimate your electricity bill by reading your home electric meter.
2. Locate the power meter for your home.
3. Record the kilowatt-hours on a given day. How you read the meter is going to depend on the type of meter you have (radial, ticker, or digital). Look up a resource on the web about how to read your type of energy meter.
4. Record the date and time you take the measurement. Sept/20/2020 65KWH
5. A day later (at about the same time if possible), make a second measurement of your kilowatt-hours. 55 KWH
6. The difference between the second and first measurements is the amount of energy you used in the time period between your two measurements. 10KWH
7. Based on your measurement, estimate how much electrical energy you use in an entire 30-day month. 1950 KWH
8. Using the total electrical energy usage for the month estimate your monthly electric bill. If you have a copy of your electric bill you can look at your cost per kilowatt hour. If you don’t have a copy of your electric bill you can use Tennessee’s average cost per kilowatt hour. Current billing cycle 1650 KWH
9. Write up a < 1 page description of your measurements and calculations in Word, and upload to the assignment box in online campus.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more