PART 1: Answer the below questions.
1. List the complimentary bases of DNA.
2. Draw a DNA molecule with 6 nucleotides.
3. Where does the process of replication occur, which organelle?
4. Identify the location and name the 1st step involved in protein synthesis. In as much detail as possible, explain what is occurring during this step. Use a picture to support your explanation. (2 points)
5. Identify the location and name the 2nd step involved in protein synthesis. In as much detail as possible, explain what is occurring during this step. Use a picture to support your explanation. (2 points)
6. Why will all the sons of a marriage between a red-green color-blind man and a woman who is homozygous dominant for the trait be normal? (2 points)
PART 2: Answer the questions below. Show all your work!
1. What are the gametes that can be produced for the following individuals? Show work.
2. What are the possible genotypes for the genetic cross between SSYy and SsYy? (show all work) (5 points)
3. In dogs, there is a hereditary type of deafness caused by a recessive gene. Two dogs that carry the gene for deafness but have normal hearing are mated. What are the possible genotypes and phenotypes of their offspring? Include genotypic and phenotypic ratios.
Possible combinations Ratios
Complete a Punnett square to complete chart above (Use D, d as the letters for the genotype)
Parent A genotype __________
Parent B genotype __________
4. An aquatic arthropod called a Cyclops has antennae that are either smooth or barbed. The allele for barbs is dominant. In the same organism, resistance to pesticides is a recessive trait. List all the possible genotypes (and phenotypes) of this organism. Use letters A, a (antennae) and P, p (pesticide).
Genetics: X Linked Genes
Part 3: In fruit flies, eye color is a sex linked trait. Red is dominant to white.
1. What are the sexes and eye colors of flies with the following genotypes:
X R X r _________________ X R Y _________________
X R X R _________________ X r Y _________________
2. What are the genotypes of these flies:
white eyed, male ____________ red eyed female (heterozygous) ________
white eyed, female ___________ red eyed, male ___________
3. Show the cross of a white eyed female X r X r with a red-eyed male X R Y .
Part 4-DNA MESSAGES
Using the DNA Dictionary below, solve the protein synthesis message. Show your work (10 points)
1) AGA ACA TAA CTC TTA ACA CTC ACT TAA AGA ACT CCA GCA CTC CGA TGA
2) CTA TTA CGA ACT TAG AGC ATT GAA TAG AAA CTT ATC
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more