Exegetical Project. Isaiah 42:1-9. (25% of course grade).
This project will be a guided “exegesis” project focusing on Isa 42:1-9. For this project you will locate the text in its historical context, outline the chapter, summarize the themes, and discuss how this passage is relevant to Christians today.
The essay should be no longer than 5 pages (typed, double spaced, 12 pt font)
EXEGETICAL PAPER GUIDE for Isaiah 42:1-9
PART 1: Identify the text
1. Identify the beginning and ending or your text. What textual clues and indicators mark this text as a unit?
2. Read several different translations of the passage (NIV, NRSV, ESV….etc). Pay attention to the margins and footnotes that may highlight textual problems/manuscript issues.
PART 2: Locate the text
1. Literary context: What immediately precedes and what follows the passage? How does the text fit into the chapter, book, canon? How does it seem to function in its literary context (introduction, conclusion, highlight, illustration etc.)?
2. Historical context: Using sources like commentaries and histories of Israel locate the text against historical backgrounds. What were key events, persons, etc. against which the passage was written. How does the message of the passage fit into this historical setting? What might have been its role, and how did it function?
PART 3: The text
1. Make an outline (see sample outline) of the structure and movement of the text.
2. What type of literature is the passage? Poem, narrative, law, vision?
PART 4: Analyze the text
1. Does the text exhibit any of the following: artistry, rhetorical devices, literary symmetry (chiasms). Look specifically for the following:
b. Hyperbole (exaggeration), Irony
c. Simile (one thing likened to another)
d. Metaphor (implied comparison)
e. Anaphora (repeated use of the initial word)
f. Rhetorical questions
g. Dialogue between characters
2. Note key words, names, places. Use Bible dictionaries and concordances to determine their significance.
3. Identify the “crisis” or “key issue” of the passage: What is the text saying about God? Humanity? Salvation? How things are/how they ought to be?
PART 5: Commentaries
1. Read what others have said about the passage: commentaries, articles in peer reviewed journals, dictionaries.
PART 6: Application
1. How does the text speak to a contemporary need?
2. How does the text talk about human brokenness/need; God’s action on behalf of humanity; God’s work of restoration?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more