Zac, a 25-year-old patient diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, has experienced three episodes of psychoses in the past three years. He is currently treated with olanzapine 15 mg daily and has not experienced any delusions in the past eight months. He now has a good understanding of his condition, family relationships have improved and he has started working again. Zac wants to stop his olanzapine because he has been symptom-free and is very concerned about his significant weight gain. There is also a family history of type 2 diabetes.
1. What type of medication is olanzapine?
2. What patient teaching would you give to a client prescribed olanzapine?
3. What assessments are necessary for the nurse to complete for this client?
Jeffrey Smith is a 17-year-old Caucasian boy who is driven to the emergency department after he collapsed at a party. After examining the patient and talking to others at the party, the physician suspects Mr. Smith has overdosed on oxycodone.
1. The physician orders naloxone (Narcan) 0.2 mg IV at 2-minute intervals. The emergency department has 1-mg/mL vials of naloxone. How many milliliters will the nurse administer per dose?
2. Before naloxone (Narcan) is administered to Mr. Smith, what should be included in the nurse’s preadministration assessment?
3. During the third dose Mr. Smith vomits; how should the nurse handle this situation?
Rita Simms is a 28-year-old Caucasian woman. She is being discharged from the hospital today after a recent deep venous thromboembolism. She currently takes Ortho Tri Cyclin Lo for contraception. She is being discharged with a prescription for warfarin (Coumadin) 5 mg with directions to take one tablet daily at 5 p.m. The physician has asked the nurse to complete discharge counseling with Ms. Simms.
1. How often will Ms. Simms need her prothrombin time and international normalized ratio tested?
2. What are the signs of warfarin overdosage?
3. What should Ms. Simms be told about starting new medications?
Cardiotonic and Inotropic Drugs
Mr. Jackson was hospitalized today for heart failure. The physician orders a loading dose of digoxin 0.75 mg to be given intravenously. The digoxin is available in a solution of 0.5 mg/mL.
1. How many milliliters should the nurse prepare?
2. What should the nurse do before administering the IV dose?
3. If digoxin toxicity develops, what signs or symptoms might Mr. Jackson have?
4. How often should Mr. Jackson be monitored for signs of digoxin toxicity?
5. What conditions might increase Mr. Jackson’s likelihood of exhibiting digoxin toxicity?
Mrs. Simpson was hospitalized today for a ventricular arrhythmia. The physician orders disopyramide (Norpace) to be given orally at a dose of 400 mg per day in divided doses every 12 hours. Mrs. Simpson weighs 176 pounds.
1. How many milligrams should the nurse give Mrs. Simpson in one dose?
2. Procainamide is available in a 200-mg capsule. How many capsules would Mrs. Simpson need per dose?
3. What monitoring should the nurse do while the patient is taking disopyramide (Norpace)?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more