Write 3-4 pages answering questions of the Book “Journalism Ethics” by Christopher *must have book*
1) Everyone must do part I.Then, choose to do II, or III, or IV.Then, do V, VI, and VII.So, there should be five Roman numeral sections by the end of the paper.
2) Number your responses.There must be Arabic numerals under the Roman numerals.At the beginning of each Arabic numeral, include the task you must perform as stated.
3) You will receive credit for each section – depending on whether you have addressed the task and how well you addressed it.You definitely need to cover the basic and central issues and then expand onto secondary issues.Your responses must be precise enough to address the specific tasks (of course, your response can be so general that it will cover many questions – but that will not receive credit).You must be through and exhaustive, within reason – your responses must not be so inappropriately general that you will receive “explain” in the comments from me.
4) No specified length for the sections – but I am expecting about a paragraph of well-constructed and complete sentences.
5) You must demonstrate the knowledge of the articles and the discussions we had.This paper cannot be written by someone who has not read the material and is simply supplying common-sense answers that anyone would give.
I. The moral duty of what a journalist must do – according to the function of journalism in a democratic society.
Here is the claim from Elliot & Ozar about what it is the moral duty of journalists to do: “journalists must a) provide information b) for people to function as a society and c) to effect important changes as a society” (Elliot & Ozar)
1) Explain what the a) portion of the above quote means.
2) Explain what the b) portion of the above quote means
3) Explain what the c) portion of the above quote means
4) Based on the articles and our discussions, give reasons for why should think that this is what journalists must do in a democracy – as opposed to some other society.
5) Based on the articles and our discussions, give reasons for why should journalists not simply do whatever they want to do and what they can get paid for.
II.What serving the public means (A)
Here is the claim from Borden: “”Journalism must move beyond moral minimalism – journalism must not only a) inform citizens about abuses of power but also b) inform citizens about what is helpful for living a good life by participating in a public life (more than just voting) to promote the common good (social conditions needed by individuals and communities to flourish)”
1) Explain what the a) portion of the above claim means.
2) Explain what the b) portion of the above claim means
3) Based on Borden’s article, and the Liberal/Communitarian distinction that she makes, give reasons for why journalists must only do a) but not b).
4) Based on Borden’s article, and the Liberal/Communitarian distinction that she makes, give reasons for why journalists must do b) in addition to a).
III.What serving the public means (B)
Here is a combined claim from Elliot & Ozar and Plaisance: “Journalists must exercise judgment over and above providing just-the-facts and must provide context”
1) According to Plaisance, and also Elliot & Ozar, explain what just-the-facts means in the above claim.
2) According to Plaisance, and also Elliot & Ozar, explain what context means in the above claim.
3) Based on Plaisance’s article and our class discussion, give reasons for why journalists must only provide facts but not context.
4) Based on Plaisance’s and Elliot & Ozar’s articles, and our class discussion, give reasons for why journalists must give context in addition to just the facts
IV.The moral duty of what a journalist must not do – according to morality’s restriction on the function of journalism in a democratic society
Here are three claims from Gauthier and Plaisance: a) “Journalists may be morally justified to violate privacy for public officials and candidates for public office” b) “Journalists are not morally justified to violate privacy for entertainment and sports figures” c) “Journalists are not morally justified to violate privacy of private citizens” d) “Journalists need to worry relatively little about hurt feelings of the public”
1) Based on Gauthier’s article, give reasons, based on autonomy, for a).
2) Based on Gauthier’s article, give reasons, based on autonomy, for b).
3) Based on Gauthier’s article, give reasons, based on autonomy, for c).
4) Based on Plaisance’s article, give reasons, based on autonomy, for d).
V.Challenge something that you have already discussed in the preceding parts.
(You yourself need not subscribe to this challenge – but the challenge must be real and you may have already discussed this opposing position in the preceding parts.)
1) State the precise claim – in one complete sentence – that you are challenging.(It could be one of the claims above, one of the parts of the claim, or something you wrote in one of the arabic numeral sections.)
2) Give reasons – justification – for your challenge.
VI.Respond to the challenge
1) State whether you find the challenge in V or what it is challenging to be more convincing.Do not give any explanations here.
2) Explain – give reasons for – what you stated above in 1)
Briefly summarize what you did.Discuss what you learned in the doing of the paper – what you did not know before and know now.Anything else that comes to mind.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.