ACCT326 Course Project (Technology Project)
Assume you are the owner of a small CPA practice in a major metropolitan area. You have desires to expand the practice to recommend AIS products to your customers. You have found your first new client who is interested in moving to a new AIS. The client, uTopia Homeowner Association (UHA) is a growing homeowners’ association (HOA) consisting of 3,500 homeowners. They are in the process of acquiring four other homeowner associations within the next 30 days. This acquisition will increase the number of homeowners to 7,500. uTopia is currently using an accounting information system that will no longer be supported by the vendor; therefore, they must find a new system. Currently, two of the HOAs that uTopia is acquiring are either Sage and QuickBooks, while the others are using systems that uTopia has no knowledge of. Per this, uTopia wants to move to a single system. They have no preference regarding Sage or QuickBooks, but they will defer to your judgment for the best option.
As the owner of the CPA firm, you are excited by this opportunity because it is a way to expand your practice. As a result of this opportunity, you have asked your lead CPA to develop a proposal for uTopia. You have given your resources four weeks to complete this assignment. Listed below are the core requirements of the new AIS for uTopia (after their acquisition):
• Billing (Invoicing): Each month, the system will generate an itemized bill for each homeowner. The fees will vary from $100 to $200 per month, based upon the location of each home, and the type of home (townhouse or single-family homes). Late fees are 20 percent per month of the unpaid balance. The bills are mailed on the 20th of each month and payment is due by the 10th of the following month.
• Collections (Receipts): Payments can be made in person (at the HOA main office); via mail (via a PO Box); or electronically. Payments will be deposited into the client’s account.
• Payments (Checks): It is expected that the system will generate a minimum of 400 / payments each month. These payments will cover a variety of services, such as expenses for office supplies; rent; utilities; landscaping; and trash/snow removal. The firm will rely on electronic payments; thus no paper checks.
• Payroll (Payroll): It is expecting that the client will have roughly 100 full-time employees and 150 part-time employees. Employees will be paid on a bi-weekly basis via direct deposit. Payroll will be outsourced to ADP (www.adp.com)
Required: Using the methodology developed in this course, document and illustrate the system from an automated function viewpoint. As part of your documentation, you will need to identify the specific system requirements in the areas of inputs, outputs, and controls for each of the service areas.
• Section I – Introduction: In this section, you will provide a narrative regarding the current business problem and how automation may or may not address the problem (2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced).
• Section II – System Requirements: In this section, you will document the specific requirements (input, output, & control) as required for each of the respective functions (billing, collections, payments, & payroll). In order to complete this, you will need to identify the following:
• A general description of the process and the necessary data you would need to collect in order to process transactions for the function in question (INPUTS).
• A description of the information, including data that will need to generate when processing transactions (OUTPUTS).
• A listing of key controls that needs to be implemented to support & secure the function (CONTROLS).
This will be your longest section. You can expect to exceed 2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced for system requirement (e.g., billing, collections).
• Section III – Outsourcing Considerations: In this section, you will identify functions, besides payroll, that may be prime candidates for outsourcing. For those functions that are selected for outsourcing, you will need to explain why they are; the possible benefits; and potential concerns. (2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced).
• Section IV – System Selection: In this section, you will recommend a PC-based accounting system to support your new system. In developing your recommendation, start with a general overview of the systems. Next, you will discuss the system’s relative strengths & weaknesses, and why you are recommending it. Also, you will recommend a migration plan (direct cutover migration, parallel migration, or a pilot/phase migration) for implementing the solution. This will be your second-longest section. You can expect to exceed 2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced. Information from Assignment #2 will be helpful to you as you complete this section.
• Part V (Impact of Technology): Discuss how advances in technology, such as robotic processing automation (RPA), blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), or data analytics may be used in conjunction with your recommended AIS. Be sure that you clearly identify the technologies being recommended (2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced).
• Section VI –Challenges to Automation: In this section, you will identify and discuss at least three challenges to migrate to a new automated system (2 pages double-spaced or 1 page single-spaced).
• Page Length: Your response will exceed our normal eight pages (double-spaced) or four pages (single-spaced) length as we used for Assignment #1 – #4. No Cover Page or Title Page is needed (however, you must include the title of your assignment as a heading on the first page. Note that the reference page and appendix, if provided are excluded from the page count.
• References: You will need to include at least eight literary references and at least eight in-text citations to support your paper. These references must be related directly to the topics covered in the paper. References & citations must be properly formatted as noted below.
• Headings: You will need to use headings (short, brief, and centered) to separate each area of your paper. Your headings should have an appropriate title such as Need for Outsourcing instead of Part III
• Margins & Font Sizes: Use standard margins (minimum .5″; maximum 1.5″) and standard font size (minimum 10 point; maximum 12 point) in your paper.
• Writing Style: APA7 is the preferred writing style.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.