*Remember: you are largely being graded on the quality of your analysis and use of sources. This means that you will want to put things IN YOUR OWN WORDS and cite sources where appropriate. If you put in effort and avoid plagiarism you should be in decent shape.
BACKGROUND: Every year a key political issue in every state is the budget. If you are wondering what a “government budget” is, here’s a definition:
A government budget is a financial statement in which the government proposes how to spend its revenues (taxes) by prioritizing expenditures. State budgets are usually proposed by an elected legislature and must be signed by the executive (governor).
When a state legislature creates and passes a budget, they are revealing their values and priorities. Specifically, budgets indicate a state’s ideological perception on three things: 1) size of government; 2) government’s role in the economy, jobs, and welfare; 3) how much people should be taxed. It says ALL of that. Crazy, right?
PROCEDURES: Now that you have a little background on budgets, your task is to compare and contrast two state budgets: Texas and Massachusetts. You will conduct this analysis by doing the following:
First, look at your visuals: In the assignment folder you will find a PDF with two pie graphs. One is a budget for TX and the other for Massachusetts.
Written Section #1: Please number your responses to facilitate grading; your responses should be AT LEAST 150 words in length. These are worth 10 points total.
1. Describe what the graphs look like visually. Pretend that the reader is not able to see the graphs and give as much detail as possible. (3 points) (VL1)
2. What information are the graphs presenting? What are the graphs telling you about? Take the information that is presented visually and communicate it to the reader in written form. (3 points) (VL2)
3. What does the information in these graphs mean for the government of Texas versus the government of Massachusetts? How would the residents of each of the states be affected by the information presented in the graphs? (4 points) (VL3)
Next, select and read your sources: You must use AT LEAST two of the following sources to conduct your analysis. The first two support the TX model and the second two support the Massachusetts model. You must pick one that supports TX and one that supports Mass. You will use this information to help you answer the questions below.
Written Section #2: Please number your responses to facilitate grading; this section is worth 30 points (10 points each). Responses should be AT LEAST 250 words in length.
1) Compare the budget of the state of Texas and the budget of the state of Massachusetts. How are the states similar in how they spend money and how are the states different? How would you expect life to be different in Massachusetts compared to Texas based on how the governments spend their money? Base your arguments on the multiple sources provided and not your own “guess.” (CT 1 and CT2)
2) Life in Texas and Massachusetts can be very different, but that does not one inherently better than the other. Which one is better might depend on your definition of a “quality” life. What factors do you believe lead to high quality of life? How you rate different life factors can be your opinion, but the factors you use should be based on the sources. How do you think living in TX influences your perspective on what makes for a “quality” life? How do you think TX government spending influences your quality of life in general? (CT 3 and CT 4)
3) Looking back at spending by the states of Texas and Massachusetts, what would happen if each state changed its spending priorities? In other words, how would you expect changes in spending would harm or enhance the quality of life for Texans? How about for people in Massachusetts? Be sure to mention specific spending changes and base your argument on how you would define quality of life. (CT 5)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.