Some people contend that smaller constituencies might allow a wider array of people to participate in state politics, rather than just the “rich” or “well born.” How would you argue in favor of or against this statement? (chapter 3: The structure and the size of the Texas Legislature) (3 paragraphs)
Taking Personal Responsibility
(1) Each Texas citizen has one Texas State House member and one Texas State Senate member to represent him or her. Use this website to find your representatives: https://capitol.texas.gov/. The “Who Represents Me” section allows you to put in your address and locate your state house and senate members. Name your state house and senate representatives, their party affiliation, their gender etc… and your district numbers. How representative is the legislature of the people of Texas? In what ways can representation be defined? What reforms would make the legislature more representative? (chapter three: Qualifications and Demographics) (5 paragraphs)
Age: under 30
Age: 30 to 39
Age: 40 to 49
Age: 50 to 59
Age: 60 to 69
Incumbents (and previously elected)
(2) Many people believe that the success of legislation largely depends on a relatively few individuals who make up the leadership in the Texas House and Senate. Do you think the speaker of the house and the lieutenant governor have too much, too little, or the right amount of control over the passage of bills? How can you influence legislation? What can individuals do to affect legislation?(chapter three: Leadership positions in the Texas Legislature) (6 Paragraphs)
Being Socially Responsible
To what extent should legislators use race when redistricting? Do you think redistricting is a proper tool to provide representation to minority or undeserved populations? Why or why not? (chapter three: Reapportionment and Redistricting) (3 paragraphs)
(Right click on the link.)
A large section of this chapter deals with the drawing and redrawing of legislative districts. It is easy for students to accept as fact that the process is used for political gain without understanding how it works. Explore the concepts of “stacking,” “packing,” and “cracking,” and discuss the effect of differences in voter turnout among demographic groups.
Both demographics and voting patterns have changed in Texas, and some districts have become more competitive, especially for Democrats in South Texas and in inner-city districts. Discuss what these shifts mean for future elections and the composition of the Texas House and Senate. Reference Table 3.5 in your answer. (4 paragraphs)
Please create a separate document for this activity:
Using the links below, examine your political values ( Explain your results), what do they say about you? and compare them to the expressed values of both parties. Do your ideas about the role of government, politics, and policy align with one particular party?
Your Platform, and Party Politics: (you must take both surveys!)
1. Know yourself. Take these surveys to find your political leanings:
1. http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-party-quiz/ (Political party quiz)
2. http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/ (Ideology quiz)
3. Submit screen shots of your results (both surveys).
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.