This case gives students an opportunity to (1) understand the process of evaluating identified control deficiencies; (2) understand the annual disclosure requirements for management’s report on internal control over financial reporting (ICFR); and (3) determine the effect of identified control deficiencies on other controls. Students are required to read the case and address the five questions listed on the last page.
1. Briefly explain the misstatements made in the company financial statement. How did ‘accepting a vendor change request and making payments to an incorrect bank account’ affect the Accounts Payable balance?
2. According to PCAOB Auditing Standard (AS 2201) (https://pcaobus.org/Standards/Auditing/Pages/AS2201.aspx), what factors should auditors consider when evaluating the severity of a deficiency in a control that directly addresses a risk of material misstatement?
3. PCAOB AS 2201 distinguishes the difference between a deficiency in design and a deficiency in operation. First, explain what auditors should consider when making the distinction. Second, determine whether the Assistant Controller’s failure to adequately review the Vendor Change Form represents a deficiency in the design or operating effectiveness of the control.
4. Based on guidance in AS 2201, determine if the failure in the vendor request change form control indicative of a material weakness in internal control over financial reporting. Consider both quantitative and qualitative factors.
5. SEC Regulation S-K requires that management provide a report on a registrant’s ICFR in the company’s Form 10-K. Assuming the company and the auditor concluded that this internal control failure indicates a material weakness in internal control, what information would the company management be expected to disclose?
6. Assuming the company and the auditor concluded that this internal control failure is not severe enough to be a material weakness but indicates a significant deficiency in internal control, explain the next steps for auditors. What kinds of obligation auditors have in terms of communicating the results (e.g. To whom do they report? And How?) Compare and contrast with the case of material weakness.
7. Assume the auditor believe the deficiency is a material weakness, but the company pleads that a material weakness in internal controls will greatly damage the company’s reputation. The company notifies the auditor that the company will consider changing the auditor in the subsequent year if the auditor concludes the deficiency is a material weakness. ABC Retailers Inc. is an important client for the auditor, and losing the client will have a nontrivial impact on the auditor’s revenue. What should the auditor do? Based on what we learned in Module B and C of the textbook, explain possible consequences for the auditor who agrees to issue a more favorable report in order to retain the client. (The situations described in 5, 6, and 7 are independent from one another.) The list above does not present a complete list of issues related to the topic. You may additionally discuss other issues relevant to the audit process of internal control in your paper.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.