1. In the short run marginal product is diminishing because:
A. barriers to entry prevent new firms from entering the industry.
B. the firm does not have sufficient time to change the size of its plant.
C. the firm does not have sufficient time to cut its rate of output to zero.
D. a firm does not have sufficient time to change the amounts of any of the resources it employs.
2. The law of diminishing marginal product indicates that:
A. as extra units of a variable resource are added to a fixed resource, marginal product will decline beyond some point.
B. because of economies and diseconomies of scale a competitive firm’s long-run average total cost curve will be U-shaped.
C. the demand for goods produced by purely competitive industries is downsloping.
D. beyond some point the extra utility derived from additional units of a product will yield the consumer smaller and smaller extra amounts of satisfaction.
3. Fixed cost is:
A. the cost of producing one more unit of capital, say, machinery.
B. any cost which does not change when the firm changes its output.
C. average cost multiplied by the firm’s output.
D. usually zero in the short run.
4. If you owned a small farm, which of the following would be a fixed cost?
A. harvest labor
B. hail insurance
Answer the next question(s) on the basis of the following cost data. Notice that fixed cost is $24.
5. Refer to the above data. The variable cost of producing 5 units is:
6. Refer to the above data. The average total cost of producing 3 units of output is:
7. Refer to the above data. The average fixed cost of producing 3 units of output is:
8. Refer to the above data. The marginal cost of producing the sixth unit of output is:
9. Refer to the above data. The profit-maximizing output for this firm:
A. is 3.
B. is 4.
C. is 5.
D. cannot be determined from the information given.
10. In the above diagram curves 1, 2, and 3 represent:
A. average variable cost, marginal cost, and average fixed cost respectively.
B. variable cost, fixed cost, and total cost respectively.
C. fixed cost, variable cost, and total cost respectively.
D. marginal product, average variable cost, and average total cost respectively.
Answer the next question(s) on the basis of the following cost data:
11. Refer to the above data. Total fixed cost is:
12. Refer to the above data. The average total cost of five units of output is:
13. Refer to the above data. The total cost of four units of output is:
14. Refer to the above data. If the firm shut down and produced zero units of output, its total cost would be:
15. Refer to the above data. The marginal cost of the fifth unit of output is:
16. Refer to the above data. The marginal cost curve would intersect the average variable cost curve at about:
A. 2 units of output.
B. 4 units of output.
C. 6 units of output.
D. 7 units of output.
17. Refer to the above data. If the firm decided to increase its output from 6 to 7 units, its total costs would rise by:
18. Refer to the above diagram for a purely competitive producer. The lowest price at which the firm should produce (as opposed to shutting down) is:
19. Refer to the above diagram for a purely competitive producer. The firm will produce at a loss at all prices:
A. above P1.
B. above P3.
C. above P4.
D. between P2 and P3.
20. Refer to the above diagram for a purely competitive producer. If product price is P3:
A. the firm will maximize profit at point d.
B. the firm will earn an economic profit.
C. economic profits will be zero.
D. new firms will enter this industry.
21. Refer to the above diagram for a purely competitive producer. The firm’s short-run supply curve is:
A. the abcd segment and above on the MC curve.
B. the bcd segment and above on the MC curve.
C. the cd segment and above on the MC curve.
D. not shown.
22. The short-run supply curve of a purely competitive producer is based primarily on its:
A. AVC curve.
B. ATC curve.
C. AFC curve.
D. MC curve.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.