BUSI 332 WEEK 1 QUIZ
1. Community Trust Bank is analyzing its customer data to determine if groups with similar monetary patterns other than the business customers can be identified. The bank is looking at the frequency of branch visits, use of ATMs, online banking activity, loan activity, and account balances of each customer. The bank has identified three groups of customers based on these factors and is planning to offer different products to better meet the needs of each group. Which of the following marketing concepts is represented by this exercise?
a. Price fixing
b. Market segmentation
c. Value reengineering
d. Marketing audit
e. Environmental scanning
2.Superfocus is a revolutionary concept in eyeglasses–it even received The Wall Street Journal innovation award in 2010. It is a type of eyeglass that allows the wearer to change correction without changing glasses, or having to look through a certain part of the lens like bifocal and progressive lens wearers must do. The round lenses are actually two lenses with a clear fluid in-between. The outer lens is hard, while the inner lens is flexible. There’s a little slider on the bridge that, when moved, pushes the fluid and changes the shape of the inner, flexible lens. That, in turn, changes the correction, so a user can see near, far, and everything in-between just by changing the position of the slider. The only catch is that the lenses have to be perfectly round and the frames need to be made out of stainless steel or titanium aluminum. This limits the frame style and color choices for consumers.
Refer to the Superfocus Scenario. People who need multifocal lenses are the company’s _____.
a. capital market
b. target market
c. dominant market
d. competitive market
e. bond market
3. The Internet has made geographical distance almost a nonissue.
4. Consumer segments exist because different consumers do not value different alternatives the same way.
5. Qualitative research tools gather data in a highly structured way.
6._____ involves the multitude of value-producing seller activities that facilitate exchanges between buyers and sellers.
a. Operations management
d. Information Technology
7. _____ best reflects the connectedness between a consumer and a retailer, a brand, or service provider.
a. Hedonic value
b. Utilitarian value
e. Relationship quality
8. Which type of research includes tools such as case analyses, clinical interviews, focus group interviews, and other tools in which data are gathered in a relatively unstructured way?
a. Quantitative research
b. Qualitative research
c. Structured research
d. Numerical research
e. Statistical research
9. A market-oriented firm stresses the importance of creating value for customers among all employees.
10.Which type of business orientation typically offers the same basic product to all customers?
a. Undifferentiated marketing
b. Customized marketing
c. Niche marketing
d. Specialized marketing
e. One-to-one marketing
11. Customer lifetime value represents the approximate worth of a customer to a company in economic terms.
12. Interpretation of quantitative research data is a function of the researcher’s opinion.
13.The presence of music in an environment may shape consumer behavior and even change buying patterns. In this case, music is an example of a _____.
a. social influence
b. situational influence
c. socio-economic factor
d. hedonic factor
e. perceptional influence
14. Insight Research, a marketing research company, has been hired by a national chain of family restaurants to help them better understand their customers and their preferences. The restaurant chain has several competitors competing for the same customer segments and has experienced sales declines in the past few years. Researchers go “under cover” and pretend to be customers so that they will fit in while they observe the interactions between customers and the wait staff. Subsequently, they write a report of their interpretations of what they experienced personally while pretending to be a customer. They also add in details of what they saw regarding interactions of other customers with each other and with the employees of the restaurant. Some conclusions drawn were that the employees were not especially attentive to the customers and that customers were overheard saying they didn’t intend to return. Some researchers also noted that the food was not very good and they saw several customers return orders.
Refer to the Restaurant Research Scenario. What are the interactions between the customers and the wait staff called?
c. Process nodes
15. Data generated from qualitative research are considered researcher independent.
16. Consumer segments exist because different consumers do not value different alternatives the same way.
17. A market researcher focuses on the psychological process, including thoughts, feelings, and behavior that people experience once they realize that they have an unmet need. This set of value-seeking activities that the researcher is examining is best described as _____.
a. opportunistic behavior
b. consumer behavior
c. cognitive psychology
d. social interaction
e. deviant behavior
18. Undifferentiated marketing adopts the consumer orientation.
19. A blue ocean strategy seeks to position a firm so far away from competitors that, when successful, the firm creates an industry of its own and at least for a time, isolates itself from competitors.
20. Marie Johns is a psychologist who studies consumer behavior. She specializes in the mental reactions involved in consumer information processing, such as how advertisements persuade consumers to buy a product. Which field of psychology is Marie practicing?
a. Forensic psychology
b. Evolutionary psychology
c. Quantitative psychology
d. Cognitive psychology
e. Social psychology
21. _____ are unique to a time or place that can affect consumer decision making and the value received from consumption.
a. Situational influences
b. Temporal factors
c. Social influences
d. Internal factors
e. Market factors
22. _____ refers to a marketplace condition in which consumers do not view all competing products as identical to one another.
a. Product positioning
b. Product differentiation
c. Marketing positioning
d. Product cannibalization
e. Market differentiation
23. Sam needed a new pair of bicycle pedals as the pedals of his bicycle had cracks in them. After visiting several stores to find the right ones, he purchased a pair from a local store, All Things Sports, and was satisfied that his needs were met. Which of the following best describes the type of value Sam received?
a. End-state value
b. Premium value
c. Terminal value
d. Utilitarian value
e. Emotional value
24. Two common interpretive research orientations are _____.
a. regression and cluster analysis
b. psychology and sociology
c. phenomenology and ethnography
d. primary and secondary
e. qualitative and quantitative
25. Customer lifetime value includes the net present value of the stream of profits over a customer’s lifetime and _____.
a. the costs associated with satisfying that customer
b. the costs associated with keeping that customer for more than 10 years
c. the retention rate for all customers
d. opportunity cost saved from having loyal customers
e. the worth attributed to the equity a good customer can bring
26. Costs involve more than just the price of the product.
27. The segment or segments of a market that a company serves to is called the focal market.
28. Which of the following is a negative consequence of consumption?
a. Quality compromises
b. Opportunity costs
c. Scarcity costs
d. Emotional contagion
e. Utilitarian costs
29. In the context of a perceptual map, which of the following represents the combination of product characteristics that provide the most value to an individual consumer or market segment?
a. Touch point
b. Maximum point
c. Optimum point
d. Ideal point
e. Slope intercept
Which discipline is often defined as the study of production and consumption?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Custom Writings Help is a Quality-Oriented Company in Online Writing as a result of hiring exceptional professionals to execute clients' tasks.
At Custom Writings Help,We understand the struggle of research paper writing, and that is why at Custom WritingS Help, we are all out to help you. We pride ourselves on having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the 'BEST' Writers are chosen for the job. We have highly qualified Ph.D. and MA writers working with us; we equally offer these experienced writers specific bonuses and incentives to make them deliver highly original, unique, and informative content at reasonably low prices.
Thesis Writing Service
Worlwide, Many Masters Students are struggling with Thesis Completion. A thesis is likely to be the longest and most challenging piece of work a student has ever completed. However, unlike essays and other assignments, a student can pick a particular interest topic and work on their initiative. Fortunately, we are there for you. At Custom Writings Help, you are assured of an authentic, imaginative, informative, linguistically great, and advantageous thesis that adheres to all your needs. So, why continue considering different writers when you have discovered the best in the field?
Not a single student can avoid writing custom papers. However, a total lack of experience, skills, and time makes it very hard to produce a superb writing piece. Therefore, if you are seeking professional help, turn to us. Our specialized and experienced writers compose a variety of model papers, including custom essays, college term papers, research papers, book reports, MBA essays, executive summaries, dissertations, Ph.D. theses, admission essays, and research proposals for college and university students at any level.
Most of the students disregard the critical principles of essay writing and compose papers below sensible guidelines. Therefore, with Custom Writings Help, one should not worry about his/her essay. Our Writers compose informative and engaging content on all complexities and topics. We write meaningful and smart essays while prioritizing all aspects that bring about a good grade, such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines.
Coourse Work Writing
Don't let the seemingly never-ending onslaught of writing assignments get you down. If you are looking where to get course work assistance online, the writers at Custom Writings Help are here to assist you with all of your writing needs. We undertake to unique delivery of papers that meet the professor's requirements. The content is proofread, edited, and checked plagiarism before submission to customers. No matter how big or small your work is, we will deliver on time. Try US Now! !
Dissertation Writing Service
High-Quality Dissertation Writing Services are rare. They require Ph.D. academicians – not easily found. However, are an exception. The years, time, and resources we have invested in the dissertation world has given us a competitive advantage over others. Choose to come to Custom Writings Help; You will find perfect Ph.D. consultants who have written hundreds of dissertations theses ready to help you. Let our dissertation-writing services help you craft your dissertation, for you are assured we will give you the results.