Respond, with 200-600 words, to the following prompt: Reflect on the term “activity system.” Questions to answer may include the following or more:
Include the total word count of your response with your entry. Include only your response, and not the prompt itself, in your word count.
Journal entries can receive up to 10 points:
Word Count (8 points possible) – Entries that meet the expected word count will receive the full 8 points. Entries shorter than that will receive partial credit according to the proportion of the word count met.
Content (2 points possible) – Entries that are on-topic and demonstrate a thoughtful and complete response will receive 2 points. Entries that are on-topic but demonstrate a vague or incomplete response will receive 1 point. Off-topic responses will receive 0 points.
1. What do you think, currently, about the primary threshold concept for this project unit? (“Writing helps people make meaning and get things done, but there are always constraints.”) What do you think it means? Have you thought about this concept before reading about it in our textbook? If so, in what terms, or in what way, have you thought about this idea?
2. Answer question 1 from page 406 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Kain and Wardle’s introduction to activity theory): “Explain in your own words what an activity system is, and give three examples of activity systems with which you are familiar. For each of these systems, explain what its common motives and goals are.” You may provide brief, simplified explanations of the systems’ goals, if you wish.
3. Define “genre” in your own words, then answer question 2 on page 438 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Marro’s activity analysis): “In Marro’s exploration of how her sorority and another fraternity used the GIN system, how does she help you understand how genres are created by those who use them; reflect their users’ values, goals, and needs; and impact the work of those who use them?”
4. How many activity systems can you think of that use the Bible as a tool? How are the motives of these systems similar or different? Do you belong to any of these systems? Do the uses of the Bible in these systems differ, and, if so, how do these varying uses of the Bible affect the system’s goals?
5. Name one concept from this lesson that you most struggle(d) to understand. What about this concept, term, or idea is troublesome? What do you currently think it means, whether you feel certain or not?
Answer at least 3 questions with, at minimum, a 3-5 sentence paragraph. In-depth, thoughtful, and careful responses are encouraged. Be specific where possible. Label your answers so readers know which questions you are responding to.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more