Assessment 3 Information
Subject Code: CLWM4100
Subject Name: Taxation Law
Assessment Title: Assessment 3
Assessment Type: Individual Assignment and Video presentation
Weighting: 20 %
Total Marks: 20
Submission: Via Turnitin-written report; Via Moodle-video presentation
Due Date: Monday of Week 10 at 19:55 AEST
Your Task https://austessay.com/clwm4100-
• You are required to answer the questions, in a maximum of 1,000 words approximately.
• This assignment must be presented as an individual effort. The assignment requires individual research using a range of tax resources. It is expected that you will survey the relevant literature, including decided cases, and select appropriate additional resources.
• You are expected to identify the facts and issues presented by each question, identify and apply the relevant legislation and/or case law, and reach a conclusion.
• This assessment assesses your research skills, your ability to synthesise an original piece of work to specific content requirements. It also assesses your written communication skills.
• Your reasons for your conclusions and recommendations must be based on your research into the relevant cases and legislation.
• You are also required to prepare a short video presentation (3 to 5 mins) summarising the key issues you have addressed in your answers.
• Please check the marking sheet (included below) for each part to ensure that you have followed all the guidelines for presenting your work.
• Please make sure you follow the guidelines especially those relating to presentation, late policy and academic integrity.
Written Report (15 marks)
Yvonne Merrick, the holder of a British passport and a relevant working visa, arrived in Australia from the UK in January 2015 and started work as an administrator in a Brisbane hospital. On 10 July 2017 she travelled back to the UK for personal reasons and worked in odd jobs until 1 April 2018 when she returned to Brisbane and resumed her position at the hospital. While in the UK she continued to maintain the apartment she had bought in Brisbane and her Australian bank account. She was on “leave without pay” from her job at the hospital.
During the 2017/18 year Yvonne was paid AUD$25,000 (gross) for her work in the UK and $15,000 for her work as an administrator in Australia. UK tax of AUD$4,500 was deducted from her salary. She was paid a bonus of $12,000 on 15 February 2018 for her work done during 2017. She also received $2,000 interest on the savings in her Australian bank account and a fully franked dividend of $700 from her share investments in the Australian company HAL Corporation Ltd.
On 1 July 2018 Yvonne left Australia indefinitely to take up a full-time position as a senior administrator in a UK hospital. In the 2018/19 income year, she was paid a salary of $70,000 for her work in the UK hospital. Tax amounting to $7,000 was deducted from her UK salary. For the 2018/19 year Yvonne received interest of $2,400 on her Australian bank account and a fully franked dividend of $900 on her shares from HAL Corporation Ltd.
Upon leaving Australia, Yvonne sold all of her furniture and leased the apartment she owns for $600 per week. For the 2018/19 year she received $26,000 rental income.
Part 1) Calculate her Australian assessable income for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 tax years. You must give reasons for the inclusion or exclusion of all receipts in her assessable income. Refer to relevant legislation and case(s) to determine her residency.
Part 2) Advise Yvonne regarding foreign tax paid in the UK for the 2017/18 tax year only. Calculate the tax offset amount.
• The assignment (both the word document and the video file) will need to be submitted electronically through the student portal – use the link under “Assessments”.
• Any sources that you use need to be acknowledged in order to avoid plagiarism. Information on referencing can be found in the Guidelines for Referencing and Presentation at the Kaplan website using the following address: (https://elearning.kbs.edu.au/mod/page/view.php?id=128881).
In-Text Referencing and the Reference List
• Sources of information must be cited both in the body of the text (in-text referencing) and the end of the assignment (reference list). Failure to do so will result in penalties. Remember that when referencing an Annual Report, it is a corporate document that does not have a particular author but it will still require referencing any time you use information from it. Any other documents or books or other references you use will also require referencing.
• Any work which has been copied or shared between students will result in a Fail grade for all students concerned. Therefore, please make sure that the answer to this assignment is your work and not copied or bought from any source. In completing this assignment make sure you follow the guidelines for assignments especially those relating to the presentation of written work, late assignment policy and academic integrity.
Penalties Regarding Referencing:
• No in-text referencing – deduct 1 marks
• Some in-text referencing only – deduct 1 mark
• No reference list – deduct 2 marks
• Incomplete reference list – deduct 1 mark
Policy on Late Submissions:
• Penalties will be imposed on late assignment submissions in accordance with following:
• Number of days late Penalty 1* – 9 days 5% per day for each calendar day late deducted from the total marks available.
• 10 – 14 days 50% deducted from the total marks available.
• After 14 days Assignments that are submitted more than 14 calendar days after the due date will not be accepted and the students will receive a mark of zero for their assignment.
• Note Notwithstanding the above penalty rules, assignments will also be given a mark of zero if they are submitted after assignments have been returned to students.
• *Assignments submitted at any stage within the first 24 hours after the deadline will be considered to be one day late and therefore subject to the associated penalty.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Assignment marking rubric
Research – 25%
Ability to locate and effectively use relevant resources Poor (0-1) Adequate
Application of law to facts 50%
Ability to identify relevant facts Ability to relate appropriate law to the facts
Ability to draw correct or defensible conclusions as to the application of the law to the facts
Evidence of effective communication and presentation skills:25%
The assignment is constructed in a logical manner showing development of arguments
The assignment is concise and easy to understand
Presentation concisely summarises the report
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more