Assessment 1: Case study
You will be allocated a period from one of the three covered in this course.
1. Imperial Rome (c. 20 BCE – c. 500 CE)
2. Western Europe (c. 1420 CE – c. 1600 CE)
3. Western Europe (c. 1600 CE – c. 1700 CE)
4. Western Europe (c.1700 – 1800 CE)
From your allocated period your tutor will assign you a case study that will form the basis of the Assessment task.
1. You will be required to describe the dwelling:
• Name of dwelling (If applicable).
• Location (GPS, City/town or address if known).
• Country/state (at time of construction and contemporary)
• Year of construction, or completion, or year of design (any of these as long as it is clearly stated which one
you have chosen. If unknown, then you should give an approximate year).
• Designer (If known. If known, give full name and birth date and death date).
• Patron (If known. If known, give full name and birth date and death date. If patron unknown then describe
possible social/financial position of the patron).
• Typology of dwelling (i.e. is it an urban house or a rural house? Is it an aristocratic palace or a merchant’s
• Morphology of the dwelling (i.e. architectural and spatial form, number of stories etc., major features and
construction materials). You will need to use the vocabulary covered in this course.
2. You will be required to diagram the spatial arrangement of the dwelling (one diagram for each of the points
below. The drawings must be your own original work.
• Spatial sequence/axis
• Connection between exterior/interior
• Service/served spaces
• Gendered/hierarchical spaces
3. In no more than 1200 words, you will need to describe the case study in relation to:
• Society and culture 400 words
o Socio-political contexts
o Societal and gender structures
o Health and hygiene and life expectancy
o Science and technology
o The arts
• General description of the dwelling and how it was a mirror of its time 400 words
Use the above categories and your analyses from the diagrams to help you write your description. Frame
the discussion through the lenses of:
o symbolism and society
o technologies (lighting, heating, services, etc).
o food preparation and consumption
o rituals (birth/deaths etc.)
INTA3002 Interior Architecture Critical Perspectives 2, 2020 15
• Objects and artifacts 400 words
What were typical objects and artifacts that would have been found and used at the time in your case
study dwelling? And how do these relate to the categories in the previous section (i.e. food preparation
and consumption)? Images will need to be correctly captioned and referenced.
o 2 x Artworks
o 3 x Furniture (beds, chairs, tables, cupboards etc)
o 1 x fabric (curtains, upholstery, wall coverings, floor coverings, blankets, etc)
o 3x decorative arts (porcelain, ceramics, metal work, glass, clocks, table settings, vases etc)
o 2 x Household items associated (toys, kitchenware, sanitation, devotional, musical etc).
o 1 x object of related to lighting (lamps, candle holders, chandeliers etc).
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more