The purpose of this assignment is to practice describing relevant aspects of a model program using the Blue Prints for Healthy Youth Development website. To complete this assignment, visit http://www.blueprintsprograms.com and find a program in the grid to use. You may need to look through a few of them to see what type of information is available. Choose one that has enough details to complete this assignment (for instance, a fact sheet and an evaluation abstract).
The program you select can reflect any area of human services, so be sure to pick one that interests you, as you will be referencing it in future assignments. In addition to the Blue Prints website, you may consider using a range of information sources, such as the specific program’s web sites or evaluation reports to answer the following questions.
Be sure to answer all of the questions thoroughly and cite any outside material you use. The assignment’s due date is listed in D2L’s calendar. It is worth 75 points. NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS ARE ACCEPTED.
1. What is the name of the program you chose (Please provide the full name and paste the web link). (5 points)
Brief alcohol screening and interventions for college students (BASICS)
The program entails interventions by giving motivation to college students exposed to alcohol through alcohol screening (BluePrints, 2020). It also offers feedback to counter excessive and binge drinking among college students by motivating them to shift behaviors by inculcating a healthier lifestyle and giving facts concerning alcohol. Additionally, it promotes responsible drinking through training coping skills.
2. What is the Blue Print rating of the program (see: https://www.blueprintsprograms.org/blueprints- standards/)? (5 points)
2. Who is the target group being served by the program? (5 points)
The intervention program targets college students who are at risk of experiencing or who have experienced problems that are related to alcohol use. These college students are aged between 18 and 22 years.
3. Identify the main resources used to make the program happen (i.e., How is the program funded? Do they use a curriculum? What type of staff do they hire? Do they need specific training and/or schooling?). List at least 5 resources used by the program (2 points each for 10 points).
1. Implementing the BASICS intervention requires appropriate resources by the institutions of higher learning in the essential expenditures.
2. It entails equipping the existing health unit staff to provide the interventions to students.
3. Funds: In some colleges, fees facilitate the structures whereby the students are involved in the program through the alcohol-related programs on campus. The federal government also offers funds aimed at fighting drug and substance abuse in colleges. Funds from the federal government help in training staff and developing the curriculum used in the intervention.
4. Training: There is no provision of specific qualifications for the health personnel that offer the intervention program.
5. Staff : Various health practitioners offer interventions from different health disciplines who work within the health units. The staffs include psychologists, social workers, and health educators
4. Provide a brief description of the program (in your own words)? (10 points)
5. Describe 5 main services or activities provided to the clients of this program (i.e., What is offered? Where are services offered? How long does the program last? Are they offered to individuals or groups of people?). (2 points each for 10 points).
1. The BASICS interventions offer a variety of services to college students to enable them to make the right decisions related to alcohol use by empowering them with facts about alcohol use and other substance abuse. Higher learning institutions receive the services for six-twelve months on an individual and group basis (Grant et al., 2016).
2. The services offered include training where they equip college students experiencing alcohol abuse and binge drinking and those at high risk of alcohol abuse.
3. Interventions equip college students with skills that enhance responsible alcohol drinking. The programs offer students an incentive to affect alcohol abuse-related programs to adopt behavioral changes for responsible and moderated alcohol intake.
4. The intervention also offers other services like rehabilitation, training, and treatment of problems that arise as of alcohol abuse among its clients like sexual assault and accidents.
5. Finally, it offers counseling to affected clients and follow-up through social work.
6. Provide more information about this program. Why does this program exist? What social problem/issue does the program address? Think about the broader contextual issues that affect why the program exists. Consider external data sources to explain the problem or what is happening in society. You may want to look up the program’s personal website and learn more about them. (30 points).
7. Provide citations, if needed (see syllabus).
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more