1. For the following order of the measures of centrality, draw the shape that best describes the associated distribution.
2. In a data set with 25 scores, if the value 16 occurs 12 times, what is its relative frequency?
3. Find the median of the following data set.
8, 7, 2, 4, 4, 8, 2, 4, 6, 5, 7, 3, 9, 4, 5, 4, 7
4. List the corresponding deviations for the following set of raw scores:
7, 8, 10, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13
5. Five students took a personality test. Their deviation scores were –4, +3, +1, –2, and +2. Assuming that these scores form a normal distribution, which deviation represents the highest raw score?
6. If a distribution has 45% of scores between the mean of 75 and the score of 30, and 45% of scores between the mean of 75 and the score of 120, what is the total percentage of the distribution in the tails?
7. In a normal distribution if 5% of the scores are greater than 80, what percentage of the scores are between the mean and 80?
8. The Red Cross wanted to know whether an ad campaign designed to persuade people to donate blood actually increased blood donations. For a sample of N = 4 blood donation centers, the mean increase in blood donations was 10 pints, with a standard deviation of 2 pints. What would you estimate the population standard deviation to be?
9. Ms. Gonzalez has recorded the test scores for each of her 25 students. She has calculated = 320 and = 5,000. Calculate the estimated population standard deviation for her data.
10. Frankie has data from a sample of 45 people analyzing their knowledge about cholesterol. He has calculated = 600 and = 90. Calculate the sample standard deviation for these data.
11. A group of 10 students participated in a study of nutritional awareness. What is the sample variance of their scores?
20, 19, 22, 20, 15, 18, 15, 21, 19, 20
12. A group of 10 students participated in a study of nutritional awareness. What is the estimated population standard deviation ?
20, 19, 22, 20, 15, 18, 15, 21, 19, 20
13. June has obtained a sample of 150 people from their school records about their career aptitude. She has calculated = 867 and = 38,427. Calculate the sample standard deviation for these data.
14. In a normal distribution if 35% of the scores are between the score of 40 and the mean of 60, what percentage of the scores is below 40?
15. If there were 500 students in Jamal’s class, approximately how many students scored higher than Jamal on the quiz if Jamal had a z-score of 1.21?
16. Jason’s z-score for his time in the 10-K race was 3.3. If the raw score standard deviation was 5 and the mean running time for the competitors was 55 minutes, what was his raw score?
17. If only the upper 30.15% (a proportion of .3015) of a normally distributed class passed a quiz for which the mean was 70 and the standard deviation was 10, what was the approximate lowest passing score? Show your work.
18. The sample mean for a recent introductory psychology test was 78 and the sample variance was 9. Approximately what proportion of the scores was above 75?
19. The body mass index (BMI) was determined for 500 sixty-year-old males (N=500) and resulted in a perfectly normal distribution. The mean BMI score was 29 with a standard deviation of 6. Answer the following questions:
a. Approximately how many males have a BMI score less than 17?
b. What is the range of BMI scores for the middle 68% chunk of the distribution?
c. What is the probability that a 60-year-old male has a BMI less than 35?
d. What is the median BMI score?
e. What is the probability that a 60-year-old male has BMI of 38.87 or greater?
20. Suppose that on average, students are absent 38 days per year, with a standard deviation of 5 days. (3 points)
A. What percentage of students will miss 41 or fewer days in a year?
B. What percentage of students will miss more than 49 or more days of school?
C. What percentage of students will miss 38 or fewer days?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more