1. You will write these five classes: BasketballPlayer, Car, Product, Employee, EmployeeUtilities. Documentation for these class is found here.
This is referred to as Javadoc. In Appendix 1, I provide a brief introduction on how to use Javadoc.
2. I have provided you a complete test class for each of these classes: BasketballPlayer, Car, Employee,
EmployeeUtilities. In addition, I have provided you the skeleton for ProductTest which you will write.
3. Draw a class diagram for the Employee and EmployeeUtilities classes.
4. The last section of this document has some hints for writing the drive method for the Car class.
Steps to complete
1. Follow the HW 1 GitHub Assignment Link on the HW Page to setup your repo for this assignment.
2. Download and unzip: hw01_code.zip found on the HW Page. Inside, you will find a prob1 folder that contains the test classes.
3. Create a Java Project in Eclipse with the name: hw1_lastName.
4. Drag the prob1 folder to the src node in the Package Explorer in Eclipse.
5. Do the following:
a. Read the documentation for the BasketballPlayer class. You must use the documentation to know what to
do (link above).
b. Open BasketballPlayerTest and read the first test. Comment out all the other test methods and calls to those
methods in main.
Hint (from Lab 2, Stage 4): To comment out a block of text, select the text and then press: Ctrl+/. Pressing:
Ctrl+/ again removes the comments. Or, you can choose: Source, Toggle Comment.
c. Write the code in the BasketballPlayer class to make the test pass.
d. Uncomment the next test, read it, write the code to make it pass. Repeat.
e. (this is the easiest one). Run the test class, BasketBallPlayerTest and verify the output is correct. You should
start by looking at the test class. Then, write enough code for one of the tests (probably the first), comment
out the other tests and calls to them, and run the test class. Repeat for the next test. Note: you must use the
documentation to know what to do (link above).
6. Write the code for the Employee, class using the same incremental approach described for the BasketBallPlayer class.
7. Write the code for the Car, class using the same incremental approach described for the BasketBallPlayer class.
The drive method might be a bit challenging. In Appendix 1, I have provided some hints and examples. I2
recommend reading all the online documentation on the Car class and then immediately read the hints/examples
in Appendix 2. It will probably give you better insight on the whole class, not just the drive method.
8. Write the code for the Product, class using the same incremental approach described for the BasketBallPlayer
class. However, in this case, you also need to write the Product class. The best way to go about this is to write the first test before writing the code! This is called Test Driven Development (TDD) and is part of the software process for many/most companies. Do the following:
a. Read the documentation for the first test in ProductTest.
b. Write the code for the first test. Of course, it will not compile. But, the point is to focus yourself understanding what a Product method(s) does and how to use it to verify that the method is correct by passing the test.
c. Write the code in the ProductTest to pass the test. You will probably need to change the test method a bit.
d. Repeat a-c for the next test.
9. Write the code for the EmployeeUtilities, class using the same incremental approach described for the
10. Draw a class diagram for the Employee class and the EmployeeUtilities class. This can be hand drawn. Scan or
photograph the diagram (or two if you draw two separate pages). Put the class diagrams in the prob1 package.
Note: many times, people do not make these diagrams. I can’t remember the penalty, but it is 10-20 points.
11. Using File Explorer, drag the prob1 into the master branch on the GitHub repo for this assignment by the due date on the Schedule.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more