Project 1: Case Analysis
Aaron Hernandez was a professional athlete, having played for the New England Patriots. In 2013, he was accused of murdering a mutual friend, Odin Lloyd. In 2015, he was convicted of the Lloyd murder.
You may conduct your own research in answering the questions below, but also consider the following two links for support:
After reviewing the information provided, submit a three (3) page paper using the format below and answering the following questions supported by specific authority from the links provided. Use must use 1 inch margins and 1.5 line spacing, as well as 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial.
1. Give a brief overview of the facts of the case, including an explanation of the specific statute(s) under which the defendant was charged and/or convicted and the ultimate outcome of the case
2. Give a brief explanation of the burden of proof, which is proof beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal prosecution.
3. Give a brief explanation of why the Hernandez trial was so important to the prosecution of crimes in the United States.
B. Opening Statements
1. Which attorney was most persuasive?
2. Which attorney gave the jury more significant facts to consider?
C. Establishing/Challenging a Prima Facie Case for Murder
1. Name one key witness who helped establish a prima facie case of homicide for the prosecution or challenged a prima facie case for the defense, and explain why he or she helped or hurt the prosecution of the case.
1. What other evidence (than testimony) was significant in establishing or challenging a prima facie case of murder?
E. Closing Arguments
1. Describe why one was more persuasive than the other, and how the jury would have been persuaded one way or the other based on the closing statements.
F. Outside Factors
1. What, if any, outside factors (media, public opinion, etc.) affected the trial and/or the outcome of the case and how did they do so? (What book?)
G. Concluding thoughts
H. As a budding criminal justice scholar, discuss briefly why this case is important to the study of criminal justice and criminal prosecution, and how reading primary documentation about it has changed your own perspective on the case.
1. Submit a three (3) page paper using the format above and answering the listed questions supported by specific authority from the links provided.
2. Use must use 1 inch margins
3. 1.5 line spacing,
4. 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more