This assessment requires you to read two articles and answer a series of questions in no more than
Most public health and wider health science journals report some form of statistics. The ability to
understand and extract meaning from journal articles, and the ability to critically evaluate the
statistics reported in research papers are fundamental skills in public health.
Paper 1: Lam, T., Liang, W., Chikritzhs, T., & Allsop, S. (2014). Alcohol and other drug use at school
leavers’ celebrations. Journal of Public Health, 36(3), 408-416. Retrieved from:
Read the Lam et. al. (2014) research article and answer the following questions:
1. This paper presents two hypotheses. State the null and alternative hypothesis for each one,
and describe the independent and dependent variables for each hypothesis.
2. What kind of sampling method did they use, and what are the advantages and
disadvantages of recruiting participants in this way?
3. What are the demographic characteristics of the people in the sample? Explain by referring
to the descriptive statistics reported in the paper.
4. What inferential statistics were used to analyse data in this study, and why?
5. What is the odds ratio for engaging in unprotected sex (compared with those who engaged
in safety strategies with the greatest frequency)? Interpret this by explaining what the odds
ratio is telling us, including any variables that were controlled for in the model.
6. How representative do you think the sample is of the national population of schoolies?
Paper 2: Wong, M. C., S., Leung, M. C., M., Tsang, C. S., H., . . . Griffiths, S. M. (2013). The rising tide
of diabetes mellitus in a Chinese population: A population-based household survey on 121,895
persons. International Journal of Public Health, 58(2), 269-276. Retrieved from:
Read the Wong et. al. (2014) paper and answer the following questions:
1. Describe the aims of the study. Can either aim be restated in terms of null and alternative
hypotheses? Describe these where possible.
2. What are the demographic characteristics of the people in the sample? Explain by referring to
the descriptive statistics reported in the paper.
3. What inferential statistics were used to analyse data in this paper, and why?
4. What did the researchers find when they adjusted the prevalence rates of diabetes for age and
5. Interpret the odds ratios for self-reported diabetes diagnosis to explain who is at the greatest
risk of diabetes.
6. What impact do the limitations described by the researchers have on the extent to which the
results can be trusted, and why?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more