For this assignment, you will be asked to select one previously validated psychometric tool measuring a psychological construct of your choice (with the exception of constructs that have the potential to cause distress for participants, such as experiences of trauma, phobias etc.).
It is important that you provide an evidence-based justification of your choice of questionnaire in the introduction and explain why it should be adapted to measure this construct in postgraduate taught students specifically. You should also discuss why a questionnaire is the favourable method of measuring this construct, contrasting it with at least one alternative method such as interviewing or observing participants. In doing this, you should bear in mind strengths and weaknesses of questionnaires discussed in the first questionnaire lecture as well as the context of your enquiry.
Furthermore, you should discuss one additional demographic factor that may affect this construct and provide an evidence-based justification for evaluating your new questionnaire in light of this factor. Note that this can be any factor other than gender.
Finally, you should state the purpose of your proposed data collection beyond this exercise – for example, to inform future research investigating the effect of this construct on other variables, to inform higher education practice etc.
Your participants for this assignment should comprise two different communities:
1. Pilot validation: Two to four people from your course should review a draft of your adapted questionnaire and provide critical feedback. You should then amend your final instrument accordingly.
2. Main validation: At least 20 research participants from your course should then complete the final version of the adapted questionnaire.
Please use the following structure for your assignment:
• Explain the research background to your validation by briefly defining your chosen construct and summarising the existing research focusing on it.
• Describe the previously validated psychometric tool and justify why it should be adapted to specifically measure the construct in postgraduate taught students. In doing so, you may need to highlight limitations of either the current research and/or issues with the existing questionnaire to form a basis for a clear rationale for developing an adapted tool.
• Clearly explain the rationale for the use of questionnaires to measure this construct in this population.
• Make your study aims, research questions and/or hypotheses clear. These should relate to the development of a new or improved questionnaire to address a specific research issue in the defined population.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
At Custom Writing, we believe in exemplary services that are fully geared toward customer satisfaction. That is why we don’t shy away from giving you the following guarantees;
Trusting us with your work is the best decision you have made, our pleasure lies in seeing you satisfied at 100%. If in the rear chance it happens that you are not satisfied, then know that we will equally not be satisfied. But worry not, our 30 days- Money back guarantee is all you need and that is what we promise you..Read more
We utilize profoundly equipped and gifted writers who produce unique papers liberated from any form of plagiarism. To guarantee this, we run all papers finished by our scholars through a Plagiarism checker to ensure uniqueness and originality. In any case, on the off chance that you have vulnerabilities about the originality or falsification of any paper we have finished and conveyed to you, please get in touch with us straight away. We will quickly investigate, and if the paper is seen as counterfeited, we will take suitable actions including but not limited to, revising the paper for free and in extreme cases we will activate the money back guarantee.Read more
We have an obligation deliver great and specially composed assignments. Our revision strategy endeavors to ensure total client satisfaction, comfort, and a genuine feelings of serenity. We make minor updates and corrections to the underlying request as part of our continuous assistance. However, revisions should just incorporate changes and alterations that were not effectively met, in the underlying request and that are inside the rules as per the current request structure..Read more
Our client's Data is an Integral part of our business but clearly, we are not in the business of offering our clients' very own data to others. We realize that you care how your online data is utilized and shared, we equally value your trust that we will do so cautiously and sensibly. We Promise to ensure the security of your own data during transmission by utilizing encryption conventions and programming. Likewise assist us with securing your information by not sharing your passwords and usernames.Read more
In submitting a request with us, you consent to the services we give. We will strive to take the necessary steps to convey a far reaching paper according to your prerequisites. Equally we depend on your cooperation to guarantee that we convey on this order.Read more